Thursday, February 24, 2011

F.A.Q.

If I don't live in Flagstaff, can I still submit a proposal?
Yes, but we encourage that your project take place in Flagstaff or otherwise have a direct affect on the Flagstaff community. You'll also need to come to Flagstaff to present your idea at SUPPER.

I'm afraid of speaking in public. Do I have to present?
Yes. We know it can seem scary, but you'll be speaking to a supportive crowd that will be excited to hear your idea, no matter how you deliver it.

What kinds of projects are you looking for?
We don't have any preconceptions about what we'll get in our in-box come April 23rd, but we're looking for projects that engage, enrich, and revitalize the community. To see past winners from other meal-based micro-grant initiatives, visit here to see what folks in Brooklyn voted for or here to see what projects got Portland excited.

What's the audience for this?
Anyone who likes food, enjoys art, and dreams of a better Flagstaff.

If I submit a project, do I still have to buy a ticket to SUPPER?
Yes. We're all in this together. Everyone who's attending SUPPER, including presenting artists and event organizers, must buy a ticket. The ticket helps offset costs of the meal and funds the winning project.

I'm under 21. Can I still submit a project?
Maybe. SUPPER is at Mia's, which is 21+. Since we require all projects to be presented at SUPPER, we leave it to you to find a creative way to introduce your project without being present. Hopefully, in the future we'll be able to make this an all-ages event.

No comments:

Post a Comment